User Experience (UX) describes the users’ perceptions and reactions before, during and after the interaction with a product or service. Usability is a part of UX and deals with how efficient, effective and satisfying the interaction itself is. When UX is consistently applied when developing and designing products and services, the user will always be the focal point of the development process. As a result, these products and services are characterized by good usability and a specific user experience.
This seminar familiarises you with the terms, concepts and methods of usability testing – evaluating and testing user interfaces. We introduce short theoretical lessons before completing extensive exercises on the topics. We prepare you specifically and practically for the theoretical exam to become a Certified Professional for Usability and User Experience – Usability Testing and Evaluation (CPUX-UT). Before the CPUX UT certificate is awarded, you must also pass an additional practical exam in the form of a usability test that you have prepared and conducted yourself. Upon request, we would be happy to support you for this practical exam as specified by the examination regulations.
The content of the seminar is based on the curriculum of the International Usability and User Experience Qualification Board (UXQB®).
You gain a comprehensive overview of the best practices for evaluating user interfaces. In the theoretical phase, you will be able to gain experience in a number of accompanying exercises which you can apply later on in the practical exam.
The “Certified Professional for Usability and User Experience – Usability Testing and Evaluation (CPUX-UT)” certificate is awarded after completing the following activities:
- Seminar with accompanying exercises, 3 days
- Theoretical exam at the end of the seminar
- Registration for the practical exam within 3 months after the theoretical exam
- Practical exam within one week
You can find more information here:
You will gain insights based on theoretical basic knowledge and practical examples into the basic concepts in the following fields of expertise:
- Overview of the usability assessment methods
- Methods and implementation of usability inspections
- Methods and implementation of user surveys
- Methods, planning and implementation of usability tests
- Creating usability test questions
- Moderating and observing usability tests
- Extracting findings and analysing test result
- Creating usability test reports
- Communicating usability test results
- Qualitative and quantitative evaluation
- Versions of usability tests
- Inspection and evaluation methods
Anyone involved in designing user interfaces: researchers, usability testers, technical and usability experts, project managers, etc.
- Usability professionals who want to know more about the state of the methodology of the evaluation
- Experienced professionals who want to become certified in their practical knowledge based on the ISO standard
The CPUX-F certificate is a prerequisite for participating in the CPUX-UT seminar.
The seminars take place at the Spiegel Institut.
Individualised in-house seminars at your company:
In addition to events held at the Spiegel Institut, upon request we can also organise our seminars directly at your offices. In-house seminars are a good idea, for example, if you want to train your entire team. We would be happy to draw up an individualised seminar programme, tailored to your needs. We look forward to hearing from you!
Day 1: 9:00 a.m. – approx. 6:00 p.m.
Day 2: 9:00 a.m. – approx. 6:00 p.m.
Day 3: 9:00 a.m. – approx. 6:00 p.m.