Is part of your job reading and interpreting empirical results in quantitative market research? Then, it is inevitable that you gain a fundamental understanding of statistical methods and characteristics in order to appreciate and take advantage of these important tools.
In our seminar, you will receive a substantial introduction to the field – with a sound and practical overview of statistical principles and the various possibilities for interpreting the results. The seminar focuses on user-oriented knowledge.
Fundamental knowledge of statistics:
You gain an in-depth overview of the most important concepts and reasoning in quantitative statistics.
- From the sample to the target population: Descriptive statistics and statistical inference
- Population, samples and sampling methods, representativeness, weighting
- Data, cases, features and characteristics, scale types
- Initial insights in the data: Descriptive statistics (frequencies, measures of central tendency and measures of dispersion)
- Standard error and confidence interval
- Statistical inference or hypothesis testing logic
- Overview of the most common statistical procedures: t-test, analysis of variance, correlation, regression
The seminar is designed for young professionals or career changers – to provide them with an initial impression or refresh their basic knowledge of statistics.
The seminars take place at the Spiegel Institut.
Individualised in-house seminars at your company:
In addition to events held at the Spiegel Institut, upon request we can also organise our seminars directly at your offices. In-house seminars are a good idea, for example, if you want to train your entire team. We would be happy to draw up an individualised seminar programme, tailored to your needs. We look forward to hearing from you!
Day 1: 9:00 a.m. – approx. 5:00 p.m.
Do you have any questions?
Please contact us:
Contact for organization
Phone: +49 621-728 44-153